Tuesday 5 May 2015

The Diary of Anne Frank Review

I believe that The Diary of Anne Frank play was quite good. I found it entertaining and different. The stage set-up was unique with the different components of two rooms coming forth out of the walls (stairs, tables, beds, doors, etc.). When the actors and singers first pulled them out, it was very neat, and I also found it a bit surprising. I was expecting to see people bringing out the furniture and props used for the play. This way with the props and furniture coming out of the walls, it would be more efficient than having people coming out to reset the set. I found that the different uses of light in the play gave the performance an eerie effect when emphasising Hitler giving his speeches behind the wall, making him look dark and scary. The way they were able to shake the set also added a scary experience, especially when the bombs were going off and the gun shots were going on.
I thought that the acting was good. The actors fit well with their assigned part. Although when I had read a bit of Anne Frank's diary, I wouldn't have thought her as so annoying and energetic. Near the end of the play, I found it had ended a bit suddenly, but that could have been how it had ended in real life. I did not finish reading the book.
I had also noticed that there were a few parts of the diary that had been placed in different spots of play, and a bit was changed or tweaked. Overall, the play was good. I believe that other viewers found the play a bit more emotional than I did, but that is just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment