Tuesday 28 April 2015

"In Portia's Shoes"

If I was in the same position as Portia from The Merchant of Venice, I would not be completely sure if I would follow the instructions my father left me before he died. Knowing myself, I would defiantly not enjoy having a husband I did not choose for myself, or fall in love with, for that matter. I would do whatever I could to marry the man of my choice, who I loved, and who loved me back. Although, I would have to honour my father, and do what is right for the place I would sit in society. Having a man 'win me' is not such a pleasant thought, and I would wish my life not to end up that way. What a miserable life I would live if I let that happen. So if I decided to follow the instructions of my father, I would ask, pray, and look for guidance to help me have the best chance of finding the right husband I would love. Even if it means having to put up with a lottery-type event for my suitors; one of them to be the lucky winner, getting me as his bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment